Friday, May 9, 2014

Where did my brain go??

This post is being done from my phone so please excuse any boring formatting issues. I just didn't feel like this could wait until Monday. What transpired today defies all logic!

As you may know, cognitive dysfunction is fairly common with ME-CFS and Fibromyalgia. To call it "brain fog" is like calling Mt. Rushmore a bump in the road! OK, perhaps I am exaggerating a bit, but you get my point.

I used to be VERY organized. I never needed lists and Smart phones with all their great reminders were nonexistent (almost like dinosaurs). What happened to me today was sitcom worthy. Here is the list of everything I forgot to pack:

- toothpaste
- mouth guard
- ibuprofen
- Robax
- Tiger Balm
- prescription sleeping pills

I did make sure to pack jewelry and makeup... (sigh)

The things that didn't make it into my bag weren't kind-of-nice-to-have things. They were things that I can't do without - period! So my poor hubby, after driving for almost three hours, had to go back out and hunt these items down.

Needless to say I have learned my lesson. I will NEVER pack without making a list first - AND I will USE IT!!!

Do you have any funny/ridiculous stories that you would be willing to share? While cognitive dysfunction is no laughing matter, those of us affected can at least keep our sense of humor about it.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You must register to leave comments. This helps eliminate pesky spammers and other unsavory characters. Comments are also moderated. My goal is to review them within 24-48 hours, depending on my own health. Thank you for your patience and understanding.